- Vanasse Hangen Brustlin
- $92,010.00 -134,290.00/year*
2 Barnard Ave
VHBs Watertown, MA office is seeking a Transportation/Highway Engineer to join our Highway Design team.
VHBs passionate professionals include engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with public and private clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Together, we work to improve mobility, enhance communities and economic vitality, and balance development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
Duties include highway engineering, stormwater management, drainage, cost estimating and hydraulics. Our team uses its skills and experience to improve our communities with a sustainable, context driven and integrated project delivery mindset. Our clients include municipalities, MassDOT and other state agencies, and private partners who support the development of the places we live, work, recreate and learn.
* New Boston Street roadway and bridge, Woburn, MA over MBTA railroad
* Reconstruct /expand Main Street/Route 117, Waltham, over I-95 including interchange modifications
* Bikeways, including conversion of former railroad beds into multi-use paths
* East Street, Southampton, MA bridge and roadway reconstruction
* Roundabout designs for 3 Nantucket intersections
* Design of highways and roads including development of geometric layout, grading and drainage, working with utilities, and environmental permitting
* Development of calculation workbooks
* Highway horizontal and vertical alignments
* Ability to handle multiple concurrent projects
* Strong writing and verbal communication skills
* Use Civil 3D to design linear projects
* Assist in developing entry-level staff
* BS in Civil Engineering required, MS a plus
* 5+ years of civil engineering experience focusing on transportation projects
* EIT required, PE preferred
Please submit applications online.
At VHB, were invested in what we do, compelled by intellectual curiosity, and driven to work collectively to best serve our clients and help shape the future of our communities in a meaningful way. Were proud, yet humbled, to have been doing this for 40 years. We are dedicated to making a positive impact, and providing opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
Associated topics: building, civil, concrete, draw, foundation design, infrastructure, land, microstation, remediation, soil mechanic
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...