- Tufts Health Plan
- $110,070.00 -166,700.00/year*
Financial Services - Insurance
2 Barnard Ave
We enjoy the important work we do every day on behalf of our members. Job Summary
Support the analysis and data needs for a broad range of financial and actuarial functions. This support will include rate reviews, financial planning and projections, trend analysis, product development, provider reimbursement analysis, fee schedule development, provider risk analysis, and medical cost containment analysis. This role will work closely with a variety of THP departments including underwriting, sales, contracting, and medical management.Job Description
Multifaceted position that allows the individual to participate in all aspects of projects from planning, designing, implementing, and presenting findings. Projects are focused on the Medicare Preferred population and support the goal of providing a value based product that is competitively priced and increases the quality of care provided to our members. The individual will meet these needs through the use of various software packages including SAS, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint. The use of other specialty software is also required. Day-to-day work is a combination of new projects, maintaining existing projects, and standard reporting.
The position is eligible to participate in the Actuarial Student Program, including job rotations every 18-24 months and comprehensive support of the pursuit of Fellowship in the Society of Actuaries. Requirements
Qualifications (Minimum education & experience level required):
College degree required
2+ years experience
Skill requirements (include complexity of position):
- Demonstrated experience in analytic work
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers, MS Excel, relational databases or statistical packages such as SAS. A solid understanding of SQL is a plus.
- Well-developed verbal and written skills
- Ability to facilitate planning and review sessions
- Developing presentation skills, presents mostly within department and to project teams
- Able to operate in a matrix environment
- Able to implement Actuarial department standards and processes.
- Receives regular management oversight of selected tasks, projects and processes
- Increasingly applies own judgment to analytical/technical issues
Interpersonal skills (include personal interaction):
Must be able to work cooperatively as a team member. Regular interface with various levels of staff and management is required as well.
All information (written, verbal, electronic, etc.) that an employee encounters while working at Tufts Health Plan is considered confidential. Will be exposed to and required to deal with highly confidential and sensitive material. Must adhere to corporate compliance policy, department guidelines/policies and all applicable laws and regulations at all times.
Working Conditions or Additional requirements (include special requirements, e.g., lifting, travel, overtime)
Unlimited access to confidential member and provider specific data, as needed.
Fast paced office environment. Works on personal computer approximately 70% of the time. Must be able to exercise appropriate judgment, as necessary. Open cubicle work setting with personal computer.
What we build together changes our customer's health for the better. We are looking for talented and innovative people to join our team. Come join us!
Associated topics: actuarial assistant, actuarial director, actuary consultant, analyst, assistant actuary, director actuary, life actuary, mathmatics, probability, statistics
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...