As a nonprofit agency,?CareGroup Parmenter Home Care & Hospice, Inc.,?an affiliate of Mount Auburn Hospital, strives to achieve our mission of excellence with compassion. We develop a comprehensive care plan of your goals to improve health and fostering independence as well as maintain or improving the quality and dignity of life in the face of disease, disability or aging process for all we serve. Come join our growing team!
1. Provides skilled nursing service in homes and in other community affiliations.
a. Performs a comprehensive health assessment on patient/family, including them in the goal-setting process and discharge planning.
b. Derives nursing diagnoses from health assessment data.
c. Develops care plans using nursing diagnosis.
d. Collects data and completes admissions, evaluations, treatment plans, and treatment; initiates referrals; and completes discharges. Data is accessible, communicated, recorded in a timely manner, and shared with other care providers.
e. Establishes realistic patient-care goals, with measurable outcomes.
f. Re-evaluates patient's status and changes services as necessary.
g. Communicates consistently with the primary physician to establish treatment plan and discuss any change in patient status.
2. Demonstrates overall skill in caseload management.
a. Ensures that staff visits average a minimum of: - Case manager - 6.4 per day - Evening nurse - 7.0 per day - WIP nurse - 12.0 per 12 hour day - MCH nurse - 5.5 per day
b. Initiates case conference review for difficult or high-risk cases.
c. Identifies ancillary services and supplies needed by families and coordinates and/or supervises these services.
3. Provides introduction and supervision as appropriate to home health aides.
4. Assumes responsibility for care of patients in the primary nurse's absence, and communicates clearly with the primary nurse when there is a change of status and treatment plan.
5. Participates in staff meetings, conferences, and activities.
Loading some great jobs for you...