* Bachelor's degree in Music, Music Therapy or Music Education. Board Certification is a plus but not required * Previous experience in working with children required. Practicum, internship or volunteer sites accepted as experience. * Ability to travel to multiple sites regularly and reliably * Must have excellent organizational and initiative-taking skills * Must be able to self-direct as well as work as a part of a team * Must have great communication and listening skills * Must be willing to give and receive feedback in a professional manner * Must be adaptable, creative and high energy.
* Travel to personal roster of schools in a timely manner to lead weekly music therapy groups based on Musical Sprouts curriculum and activities. Average of groups per school is 6 to 10, including Haverhill, Woburn, Peabody, Andover, Natick. (When possible, school assignment may be adjusted to better suit the location music therapist. Little Sprouts locations are located between the Boston area and Merrimack New Hampshire)
* Lead groups for a minimum of 20 mins for Infants and Toddlers and 30 minutes for Preschool and Kindergarten * Will need to prepare for leading groups for at least 2 hours a week. Prep entails reviewing curriculum making sure you have all necessary props, materials and are well versed in songs and processes for upcoming week * Will be responsible for openly communicating with teachers, coaches, executive and associate directors about music class and its happenings. * Responsible for personal inventory of instruments, provided by Little Sprouts. Must sanitize and be accountable for them as much as possible.
* Will attend 1-2 monthly connections with team leader and other therapists * During connection times will be expected to share on the weekly happenings in groups, state of the schools, concerns or celebrations for classrooms or teachers, etc * Co-lead workshops with other therapists about music and music therapy for Little Sprouts staff * Attend professional development trainings provided by Little Sprouts and research/propose outside development opportunities for team * Be available to perform concerts and open-houses for special events with other therapists or independently. * So much more than daycare, Little Sprouts is an award-winning early childhood education program because we select the best teachers around. As a growing organization, we are always looking to add talented, energetic, positive, honest, and fun people to our teaching team. We seek teachers who embrace positive energy to make extraordinary differences in the lives of children and families. As an organization that provides advancement opportunities and paid training, we offer careers - not just jobs - to Little Sprouts staff.
Please note that because Little Sprouts schools have diverse student populations, all staff are expected to abide by our anti-bias policy, which helps to ensure the inclusive quality care of Little Sprouts' students.
You can apply at:
To apply, please email your resume to ...@littlesprouts.com.
Associated topics: assistant preschool teacher, child care, daycare teachers, early childhood, kindergarten, nursery education, pre kindergarten, preschool assistant teacher, preschool teacher, toddler teacher
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.