- Harvard Business Publishing
- $141,910.00 -141,910.00/year*
Education - Post Secondary
2 Barnard Ave
About Harvard Business Publishing:
Harvard Business Publishing (HBP) was founded in 1994 as a not-for-profit, wholly-owned subsidiary of Harvard University. Our mission is to improve the practice of management in a changing world. We do this by bringing together the best of academic research and real-world management expertise from around the globe. Through our multiple platforms, we publish ideas that inform and inspire managers, corporations, and educators. Harvard Business Publishing comprises three market groups: Corporate Learning, Harvard Business Review Group, and Higher Education.
With approximately 450 employees, primarily based in Boston, with offices in New York City, India, and the United Kingdom, Harvard Business Publishing serves as a bridge between academia and enterprises around the globe through its publications and multiple platforms for content delivery, and its reach into three markets: academic, corporate, and individual managers.
About Higher Education:
Harvard Business Publishing's Higher Education division serves students and educators by adding dynamic, real-life perspectives on management to undergraduate, masters and executive education programs. Through training seminars, course planning tools and direct delivery of digital materials, we offer educators resources to support participant-centered learning. The Higher Education division continues to actively evolve its portfolio of learning materials, offering over 45,000 cases, articles, online courses, simulations and other learning materials developed at Harvard Business School and other world class institutions.
Working with the Regional Director Southern Europe this role focuses on identifying and supporting large new customers and targeted prospects in the Higher Education market. The primary function of the Academic Relations Manager (ARM) is to support the development of Harvard Business Publishing's Higher Education business in the assigned region by developing and enhancing marketing, sales and implementation practices for HBP's Higher Education products and solutions through direct client/prospect outreach.
Represent Harvard Business Publishing's digital content lines to key strategic accounts using consultative sales approach; understand changing market needs and identify opportunities for HBP content and customized solutions to meet customer needs. Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders, such as faculty, administrators and librarians at key target institutions.
1. Assist the Regional Director in achieving corporate goals:
* Work with management to implement go to market strategy across region and report back on product needs, market conditions, promotional opportunities, sales trends, marketing plans and other written communications as well as business opportunities on a regular basis
* Visit assigned key accounts each semester to develop account sales strategy, identify new opportunities, close existing sales opportunities, understand customers changing needs, and understand developing market trends
* Utilize and leverage internal resources (customer service, marketing, operations, product management) to assist the Regional Director
2. Deliver interactive sales demonstrations of HBP simulation, online courses and other eLearning assets to engage existing and potential customers in large and small group settings in person and remote.
3. Creatively identify opportunities beyond traditional business school disciplines
4. Represent the brand with standards consistent with Harvard Business School and Harvard Business Publishing. Maintain a high level of professionalism with clients and work to establish a positive rapport.
5. Develop and maintain superior knowledge of HBP content
6. Visits to customers approximately 50% of time.
7. Support execution of marketing and promotion plans to develop brand, network with customers, and grow business
8. Utilize CRM system (to maximize strategy and sales within region and to facilitate communication both with customers and inside HBP)
* Solution based selling experience highly desired
* Experience working with a CRM (preferably SalesForce and Adobe Analytics)
* 5 years of documented success in a regional/territory business management role with strong track record of growth and focus on sales/ account management serving the academic or comparable industry.
* Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation, organizational skills
* Must be able to work independently
* Relationship skills: builds and maintain personal rapport with customers and colleagues alike
* Consultative approach: possess ability to ask relevant questions, assess needs, define problems, and focus on business outcomes and craft a solution based upon the needs assessment
* Sales Skills: possess ability to target, qualify, and build pipeline quickly; outbound lead and new business generation experience; strong organization and time management skills; ability to plan, organize, and establish priorities to meet goals and achieve results.
Undergraduate degree required. Master's Degree in Business, Marketing, Education, or related field or 5 years of comparable business experience is preferred.
Associated topics: accountant iii, admin, admin support specialist, administrative assistant, client, coordinator, information technology, information technology analyst, support, support specialist
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...