- Enanta Pharmaceuticals
- $93,560.00 -148,980.00/year*
2 Barnard Ave
Enanta's Biology Department is expanding to support a growing portfolio of small molecule discovery programs focused on liver disease and virology. We are seeking an Associate Scientist to support biochemistry efforts across multiple small molecule drug discovery projects. Working with a Senior Biochemist, the Associate Scientist will contribute to the design, execution, and troubleshooting of biochemical and biophysical assays to enable Enanta's medicinal chemistry platform. This is a unique opportunity for an enzymologist/biochemist to be the #2 hire on our Biochemistry team and truly see the impact of their science! The Associate Scientist will interface with internal scientists and CROs to deliver reagents, develop high-quality assays, and perform mechanism of action studies.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
* Develop and execute biochemical and biophysical assays to support high throughput screening, hit validation, hit to lead, and lead optimization activities in multiple drug discovery projects targeting liver disease and viral infections. Perform inhibition kinetics and binding kinetics to assist in the characterization of small molecule inhibitors.
* Routinely generate biochemical data to support ongoing medicinal chemistry efforts.
* Effectively analyze data and communicate results to a multi-disciplinary project team.
* Utilize a variety of techniques, including chemical biology, to characterize compound mechanism of action and identify novel molecular targets.
* Work highly collaboratively with biology team.
* Perform general lab maintenance, including reagent preparation and ordering of lab supplies.
Education, prior work experience, and specialized skills and knowledge:
* Bachelor's degree in Biology, Biochemistry, or related field, with 2-4 years of relevant industry or academic experience, or a Master's degree in Biology or Biochemistry.
* Biochemical assay development and optimization with a variety of different plate-based assay formats such as fluorescence, fluorescence polarization (FP), FRET, absorbance, radiometric SPA, AlphaScreen, or luminescence.
* Biophysical assay development and optimization with a variety of different assay formats such as SPR, DSF, MST, thermal shift, etc.
* Experience in the kinetic characterization of enzymes and enzyme inhibitors.
* Attention to detail and scientific rigor.
* Ability to clearly and effectively communicate ideas, data, and concepts.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as strong organizational skills are essential. Flexibility and adaptability are also necessary.
* Ability to multi-task and work independently within a multi-disciplinary team is important.
* Experience in the design of DNA constructs for protein expression, protein purification, and protein analytical biochemistry (e.g. SEC, SDS-PAGE, and Western Blot) is desirable.
* Experience with chemical biology techniques would be beneficial.
Associated topics: bio, bioinformatic, bioprocessing, biosynthetic, fermentation, msat, neuro, nutrition, pain, pharmaceutical
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...